1.But (但是) “I won't go. ” “But you've told me you would.”
“Can I help you?” “I'm afraid the box is too heavy for you， but thank you all the same.”
2. yet ( 然而) They got to know each other a month ago， yet they have been in deep love now.
(be in love 相愛) She has her weaknesses， yet that doesn't mean she is not qualified for the job.
(be qualified for 勝任) She is not a native speaker， yet her French is adequate for the job.
(be adequate for 勝任)
3. however(然而) The text is difficult. It is ， however， not beyond the reach of the students.
At first the girl refused to go with him. Later， however， she changed her mind.
4. for(因爲) You'd better put on your coat， for it's rather cold outside.
It must be snowing， for it is so bright outside.
The old man sat in front of the fire most of the day， for it was very cold.
5. so(所以) I have lived in Wuhan for five years， so I'm used to the life here.(be used to+n或doing 習慣于…… I'm used to getting up early in the morning.used to do sth. 過去常常做某事 I used to teach in the school.I used to get up late in the morning.)
It was already rather late， so we decided to go home.
My mother is expecting me， so I must be off now.
Mary earns a good salary， so she can't be deep in debt. ( be in debt 陷于債務之中)
6. and(並且) Try your best and you'll succeed this time.(succeed是動詞，successful是形容詞，success是名詞) He shook his head and went away.(shook的原型是shake)
7. then(然後) First they only quarreled， and then they began to fight.
Use your brain， and then you'll find a way.
8. or(或者) Hurry up， or you'll be late.
You may do it yourself， or ask someone else to do it.
He hardly ever goes to the cinema or the theatre.
She was in a hurry that morning. Otherwise she would have stopped to talk with you.
You'd better take more exercise， otherwise you'll get fat.
10. either …or(或者……或者)
You can come either today or tomorrow. You may either stay here or go with me.